View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard_ View Post
your statement, however, states that to pay workers more money, or what could be considered a FAIR SHARE OF THE SUCCESS OF THE COMPANY, that would take valuable money outta the employers pocket
You are not understanding what I am saying. You're not even close to it. I must not be conveying it clear enough.

I'm saying that ONE of the bad results of raising the minimum wage is that it will raise the price of EVERYTHING we buy. Thus the extra money the minimum wage earner gets will be nullified by the higher cost of everything he has to buy with his money.

And of course I'm not even taking into account that young people just starting out in the job market will now have a harder time finding work because there will be less available jobs than there would be otherwise.
Who wants to hire a teenager at $9 an hour to do unskilled work for his first job?

Hell, it's bad enough that the drinking law went up to 21 and cut out all the 18, 19, and 20 year olds from making good money as bartenders and waitresses at nightclubs.

There's always an unintended consequence to stuff.

My grandma used to say: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"