View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
for a very significant % of the population the family home was the basis of their retirement and then their estate passed on to their kids.

a middle class young family bought a house in 1960 for $15K, 40 years later that house in most places was worth anywhere from $150K - $500K

the children of that family, baby boomers, bought homes in the 70's and 80's for $50K-100K and when they retire, some already have, those homes are worth $300K - $1M

principal residence sales are tax free

today with the low interest rates, even cashing in on a $750K home doesn't put you on easy street retirement wise.

people wait until way too late to plan for retirement - the strain the aging baby boomers will put on taxpayers is going to be historic.

lower taxes just aren't possible, not without a lot of pain caused to millions - so the pain will be shared and spread out among the middle class and rich , which is how it should be in a human society. it would be nice to put the onus back on the individual again but we are so far past that it makes conservatives look delusional

the banksters are pure evil, not one of them who caused the second biggest economic collapse in history is wearing an orange jumpsuit today and that is outrageous.