View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregE View Post
So we're agreed then that this isn't about Democrats and Republicans per say ??

So . . . the question now is how do we get out of this mess without punishing the innocent parties, i.e. the American populace?

Keep in mind that if across the board sacrifice is required it needs to be:

a) Shared by all.
b) Preceded by vigorous prosecutions (or at least convincing condemnation) of the most direct culprits (i.e the big banks and Wall Street)

Otherwise, the masses will never sign on to it.

And, as we all know, politicians live in naked fear of the masses every four years.

This ain't gonna be easy for anybody.
I don't believe the banks and "wall street" are the problem at all.

It's the career politicians who whore themselves out to everybody that are the real problem. The big banks and "wall street" aren't doing anything that any of us wouldn't do...they look out for themselves and try to figure out ways to make more money.

Washington, D.C. has (over the decades) put itself in such a position of power that it literally holds the power of who is and who isn't successful. Which, of course, means that if you want the rules written to your benefit you have to give lots of money to a lot of lifetime politicians in The Senate and The House.

The REAL solution to all of this is term limits on Congress and The Senate.

I feel that if The Senate, The House and the President were all limited to ONE 6 year term it would take care of a lot of this bullshit.

But that ain't gonna happen. So career politicians will continue with their corruption and at the same time continue spending our country into more debt than we will ever be able to repay.