View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM  
The Hun
Confirmed User

I have a server at leaseweb myself, it's hosting the thumbnails for the thumb version. Very fast, I'm happy with it. All unmanaged though. They install the machine and give you a root password, that's it...

I believe the laws are wrong. If your steal a car and you get caught you'll get fined. You're punished... if you redistribute illegal content the worst thing that could happen is that you get a letter saying you should take it down. That's it. Nothing more... that's where the real problem is! Of course it's hard to make laws that would work internationally. But the way things are going now is ridiculous, people can do what they want and post what they want, since they only run into the risk of getting the letter...

I understand Brad's position in this as well as Leaseweb's... it shouldn't be the responsibility of the provider. After all, you can't blame the roadworker for criminals that drive on his road... the laws are too soft. And they have been too soft since the beginning of the web. Time for a change... hard to do this, it will cost a lot of time and money. And unfortunately most money these days is with the people that will suffer from good laws...
The Hun is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote