View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM  
jigg
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
The main thing, I think, that could keep her from running is her age. She is 65 now so she will be 68 when it comes time to start her campaign and having gone through it some herself and twice with Bill she knows just how much of a grind that can be. She also had a recent health scare. She might decide it is just time to relax.

As for the republicans not having anyone. I would never count them out. Chris Christie could run and I think he has the potential to be a strong candidate. Rubio could run in an effort to rebrand the party as young and inclusive. I don't know that Rubio can win, but he could be a challenge to defeat.

Never underestimate the ability of a political party to either rebrand itself or repackage all the crap they have spewed over the years and use it to get people to vote for them. The republicans are actively making it harder for democrats to win some states like Virginia so I would never count them as out.
America elected Reagan twice, doubt age would prevent her from getting the nomination. I do think though Americans aren't going to go for a loud mouth, obese Newjersian however. And he's too independent, GOP will have to rein him in
jigg is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote