View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 AM  
johnnyloadproductions
Account Shutdown

Industry Role:
It's always been a sort of race to the bottom, the only thing that kept it in check for a while was the technology (i.e. bandwidth and networks).

I won't name anyone but one webmaster said that one of their best affiliates was the one ripping all their content and uploading it to file lockers. Some people will make money anyway they can. Other webmasters go behind each others backs all the time, if that's your nature and how you profit best than keep on doing it I suppose. There are plenty of examples of egregious conduct and people are still doing business, but no names to save face.

When I was selling content, one webmaster said that I could do my content deals then go out and sell it exclusive to someone and they in turn could pull everything back by what I had sold. Sounds ethical to me!

The behavior is not going to change, that's why laws and external enforcement has to occur.
I've talked to streaming companies and get wind of what pirates and other people do to stay just under the radar.
Companies will continue to soak up traffic at the cost of others simply because they can.

This industry has good people in it but I liken it to people that own pitbulls. Pitbulls in and of themselves are really bad dogs, thought they have a stigma.
People that own pitbulls, however, are 10x likely to have a criminal record of some kind. Same to this industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
I will offer some speculation here.

I am willing to bet that the largest group engaged in pirating our videos are probably the webmasters of this industry. In fact I will go as far as to say that I would not be surprised if they were responsible for at least 50%

So how about someone start a "clean our own back yard" campain ? Rat out those in this industry that steal from this industry.
johnnyloadproductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook