View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTK View Post
Totally agree Kane. The insurance companies are the other half of the corrupt monster.

I'm really sorry about your mom's situation. She's far, Far, FAR from alone in being a victim of the utterly corrupt "health care" system in this country.

This needs a thread of it's own
The good thing that happened with my mom is that eventually she got a doctor who simply doesn't put up with any shit. Many doctors just do what is easiest, write the scripts and move on to the next patient. This doctor fought for her to get the good meds and to be able to see a therapist. It wasn't easy and the doctor went way above and beyond and my mom ended up getting the right care so things have been turning around for her.

But there are millions out there that aren't so lucky. Between insurance companies and pharm companies it is a miracle anyone actually gets the right care at the right price. As you said, this could be a thread of its own.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote