View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arock10 View Post
Today's US military versus citizens with assault rifles doesn't remotely compare to the north versus the south.
You're missing my point

Of course if it was just a few guys with guns the outcome would be immediate.

But if (just like the civil war), half the military were to defect to the people trying to overthrow a tyrannical govt. then it would be a different situation.

It's not gonna happen anyway. But I'm just pointing out that once the citizenry is disarmed...then even that tiny bit of possibility is gone.

But I do absolutely believe that if somehow our govt. went "rogue" and people rose up against it en-mass then the results would be very different than the US military vs. a few guys with guns.

The military would think twice before killing their own families and friends. Especially if the mood of the country was so anti-govt. at the time and large portions of the military began defecting.

It just happened in Libya, and it's happening in Syria.

Again, I'm not saying that will happen here. Tony is right...Americans have it too good. We are all more worried about getting the newest tech gadget than we are about our freedom and rights.

So if enough people in this country really want to disarm themselves...then the 2nd amendment should be scrapped.

Anything else is unconstitutional and just us arguing over nothing.

Maybe you guys are right. We are all doomed anyway and slaves to the govt. In that case, let's just get rid of the 2nd amendment and move forward from there wherever it may take us.

Hell, this country is probably gonna limp along in a somewhat recognizable form during our lifetimes anyway. Let the people 100 years from now worry about not having a 2nd amendment right to bear arms. We'll all probably be long dead before the U.S. govt. becomes completely tyrannical.

Last edited by Robbie; 12-29-2012 at 11:00 PM..
Robbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote