View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 PM  
GrantMercury
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
No...me paying for my medical insurance is a bill I pay every month. Same with my car insurance.

If I pay for my car insurance and it somehow is paying YOU money and we have not had an accident together...then that would be welfare.
JFC. Your car insurance DOES work in the same way - you're paying into a pool that spreads the risk over all who are insured by that particular company. The difference, of course, is that the pool is far smaller than the federal programs, and they're run for profit. Do you resent when your car insurance company pays a big claim to someone else they're insuring? After all, the company is paying it, in part, with YOUR money. Is that welfare?

As far as Social Security retirement benefits, if you live long enough, you'll collect. Simple. And as for SSI disability insurance, you're paying into the system, and you're entitled to the benefits if you ever need them. Pray you never need them, though. If you ever do, some asshole will probably look down their nose at you and consider you a welfare recipient living off of their hard work.
GrantMercury is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote