View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:48 AM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I think all gun owners should be a member of a well-regulated militia... Regulated by the US Government.

It blows me away that I have to have a driver's license and have to register each car, but guns require only a background check.
The whole point of a People's Militia is to be outside of the Govt. Having it Govt regulated kinda defeats the purpose. The problem with Militia's is they tend to attract all the crack pots from the extreme right.

IMO the Militia's should be more like the Army Reserves, a functioning citizens Army that helps their communities in the time of need, be it a national emergency or what ever. Perhaps they could be used to protect schools or as border defense to help curb illegal immigration.

The thing is this would take a major reinvention of the current Militia system which of course will never happen. Not to mention how would you even organize something like this with out also risking the issue of it being compromised.
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote