View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:19 PM  
GrantMercury
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I know. I can see if somebody's Dad had a job and made money and paid into the system and then died and the kid collected for a couple of years like Paul Ryan did to get his father's rightful money. (Paul Ryan was 16 and his dad was a successful lawyer and paid the maximum into the social security system)

But as I said...my wife's family collected for SIXTEEN years on her and her older brother for 13 years and her younger brother for 17 years...all off of her mom who had only worked maybe a year in her short young life.

And THAT is what happens all the time in our society.

Just bringing up Paul Ryan because he's the "boogeyman" doesn't make it right. I don't give a fuck WHO gets money from Social Security in that manner...it's a HANDOUT when they do that.

I'm just pointing out that Social Security was SUPPOSED to be YOUR money given back to you. But it isn't. And if the Dems have their way by making it "means tested" and then getting rid of the ceiling on paying Social Security tax so that rich people just outright pay for poor people...then it will become straight up WELFARE.

There's just no other name for that.
Social Security is an INSURANCE policy that everyone buys from the government. If you buy life insurance, and then die 2 months later, WTF do you think happens? The insurance co doesn't get to say, "too bad, next of kin, he only paid a couple of months, so fuck ya." It's INSURANCE. NOT welfare.
GrantMercury is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote