View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 AM  
omgt
So Fucking Blind

Industry Role:
Do you think this might be their accountant right now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
Sorry to get back to topic again:

I had a good laugh when I read that. It´s the oldest pseudo-trick in the book in Europe: Just bill from another EU country. That´s guaranteed to fail, esp. in Germany, because: tax laws here say, that when work is done and paid for in Germany, it has to be taxed in Germany. That includes sales tax etc.

In Germany and Austria there´s even a "foreign workers tax" (Ausländersteuer) that has to be paid directly when for instance artists or professional athletes work in these two countries. That´s one reason why concert tickets are insanely expensive here.

If you could just pay for work done in one country from another, every Mom and Pop store would set up a fake corp. in Cyprus or another tax haven. It would also be an invitation for money laundering.

I find it hard to believe that Fabian or anyone else fell for that "trick". But, as with most of the information that´s really there it comes from one single source that was talking to "Die Welt".
omgt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote