View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:38 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
I agree with a violent crime arrest. But a tax arrest? Seems excessive and not something you ever hear high profiled people going through.
Sure. It depends on what they want you for and if they think you have information they need or not. "Tax evasion" could just be the only thing they could arrest him on currently which allows them to take his computers and check the books. Then down the rabbit hole you go. Every email, every bank statement, chats, all records of anything may be combed over in every detail, looking for more things to hang him with, or they may find nothing at all and he's totally legit as he has claimed.

I'm just speaking hypothetically here because I have no idea what is going on in his case, but lets assume for a moment that there is dirty money and real tax evasion going. Lets say 1/2 of the rumors are true. Or even better, lets just say they THINK those rumors are true and THINK there are people funding the whole operation with dirty money. They will try to wear him down to the point he tells them what they want to know and cuts a deal with them. And if he has something to tell them, he will tell them. He is a programmer and at best a white collar criminal, not a hardened criminal who is used to such things. This is a very common tactic used. Wear someone down until they give in and make a deal.

Like I said, I have NO idea what is really going on and I'm not saying this is the case. But I know for a fact they do this sort of thing. However, this could all just be procedure and red tape and no big deal at all.

What I do know though, is that none of us know what is really going on. This could be nothing at all and simply procedure, or it could be the tip of the iceberg and he is about to get the screws put to him, which in that case if he is the true owner of Manwin, the company is in trouble. If he is not, they will cash him out and replace him. Another thing to take into consideration, his computers were seized. Whatever data taken from them will probably be shared with other law enforcement (be it legal or not to do so) who may also be looking into him or that company. So even if he clears this one, there may be other issues down the road. No telling what may be dug up. Everyone makes mistakes.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote