View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 PM  
GrantMercury
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I can't understand why anybody would want to let the govt. TAKE more of people's money. Especially when they spend over 10 billion dollars per day. And kill people all over the world with a giant military that most of that money goes to.

People like Grant Mercury are "neo-liberals" A real liberal would never trust or want to give the crooks in Washington D.C. a single penny more than is needed to administrate our country.
No, dude. You're wrong. Slap whatever stupid label you want on me. The fact is, taxes must be paid. There's no way around it. Shit costs money. We have a tax system that has been totally fucked up, and it favors the wealthy and huge corporations.

Mitt Romney pays 13% (and that's what he cops to - there's much we don't know because he hid it from us).

GE, and many other massive, highly profitable corporations pay NOTHING. What would happen to the country (the same country the rich righties applaud for its opportunity) if you and I paid 0% in taxes?

They can afford to buy politicians and feed lobbyists to stack the deck ever more in their favor. Check the tax rate during the 1950s & 60s - a period of great prosperity and a robust middle class. And what is it now? Is there any wonder why we're running a debt? Is there any wonder that the size of classes in public schools continues to grow? Or that our roads and bridges and sewers and electrical grid are all in serious need of repair? Revenue is drying up - but NOT corporate profit - that's massive, and the rich are doing better than any time since the 1920s. Who isn't doing well? The fucking working people. We're all getting squeezed. Meanwhile, dumb fucks blame it all on the poor who need assistance, instead of the ones gaming the system.
GrantMercury is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote