View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 AM  
Johnnyroq

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tent Pitcher View Post
That is a good observation and question. Going back to what I said in an earlier response, mainstream sites just aren't run the way that adult sites are. Natural linking is simply the organic connection of sites - if someone wants to share something with their friends, they link to it - and - if a particular blog post or news article is popular, then it gets shared more often than one that isn't. You can't spoof it, you can't game it, you have to take it into account when working up an SEO strategy.

Building an organic adult site can be very hard for a couple of reasons. First, noise - there are a ton, literally millions, of adult sites out there. Second, the road most traveled is paved with affiliate links, redirects, bought and traded traffic, etc. The problem isn't that the search engines don't see this, it is that your average user doesn't. Your site may never get visited because all of your potential visitors are stuck clicking through redirects to affiliates, closing pop-unders, etc. You can maybe make some money on clicks that way, but you will never build a dedicated user base or a brand peddling someone else's wares.

In case it wasn't obvious, I am a firm believer in the notion that offering unique and quality content will net you the best results over time (assuming it is worthy of being consumed).
I like what you said here. I want to say that my biggest "issue" with adult site SEO lately has been that everyone has extremely varied opinions and it almost makes me nervous. Is backlinking important? Obviously. But whats the best way to truly tell what links you want and which you don't? (besides the glaringly obvious.) Keywording is important, but with Google playing down the domains relevance (though this shouldn't effect the user experience) as well as considering some words no longer "adult" in the industry, this has harshed certain versions of stuffing, etc.

Does anyone have a best practice of SEO thats been "tested" since Penguin? Linkbuilding has obviously been hit and theres leeching, etc. Im just curious if anyone wants to chat about strategy, build a relationship and share ideas. Regardless of some belief, SEO is changing and Adult SEO is changing even more. Id love to have a good group of experts that wants to "crack" the new systems that exist, but I dont expect everyone to want to collaborate. Ive been doing this for quite a while, I have some good insight, but Ive not been working in the adult space as long. Tit for tat kinda thing.

Also, Tent, I PM'd you, grab my ICQ or Skype, lets pick each others brains!

Chat network, dating and cams, bot creator, money maker.
Johnnyroq is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote