View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM  
helterskelter808
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
It's simple, despite what myth and urban legend has spawned, cold hard numbers show that a site like PlanetSuzy.org is more harmful than xhamster.com in both the quantity of infringing content requested to be removed by rights holders and the economic impact of the piracy.

I posted a comparison of PlanetSuzy and XHamster which you can read here.

Forums and File Lockers are a much larger problem than tubes, by an order of magnitude so great that the numbers are just mind blowing.

When I started working against file lockers I had only basic models of where I thought the worst piracy was, now my models are more sophisticated I am very confident in saying that the problem of tubes is over-stated my most people - however they are still an issue that we have to address and we will over time.
Sorry, but the numbers in that post for "losses" are not "mind blowing", they are simply made up.

It's absurd to say that 1/3 (of what? how many people? whatever number it's drastically less than tubes) would have paid $19 for something they downloaded, rather than finding something else for free. How do you know this? You don't, of course. It's just as likely that nobody would have otherwise paid, therefore the losses are zero.

Trying to claim that almost $6 BILLION is lost from adult in the space of a year because of one site is absolute nonsense. Same kind of ridiculous over-inflation of "losses" the movie and music industries do, which is why many people don't take them seriously.
helterskelter808 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote