View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 PM  
SKUP
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStephans View Post
The whole thought about picture posting here...

Please remember - the photos are coming from public sites, such as Facebook. The parties in them have zero expectation of privacy when posting the photos there, Myspace, and other sites. They made the choice, in advance, of putting their photos (or that of their wives, friends, criminal associates) out in public.

If they wish to keep their name, and that of their associates, out of a free speech discussion about piracy, my sole suggestion would be to not be a pirate.

A paragraph from a piracy blog I wrote 3 years ago fits here...

"In 1719 the Pirate Blackbeard (Edward Thatch / Teach) was decapitated in a battle with the determined men working with English pirate hunter Lieutenant Robert Maynard. When Maynard, and the crew of his ship "The Adventure", returned to Hampton Roads they had Blackbeard's head still hanging from the bowsprit as a warning to others. Upon docking Maynard presented Blackbeard's head to Governor Spotswood, who had it suspended from a tall pole on the west side of the Hampton River at a place now known as Blackbeard's Point, as a ghoulish admonition to would-be pirates."

Like in 1719, pirates need to be hung in public. Its the anonymous nature of their game that protects them. Take it away and we are much closer to winning a few battles.

We all know the pirates will do whatever it takes to get away with their acts. We, as content owners / producers, have no choice but to fight back with all means we have available.

If it means exposing their names in public - so be it - because we must always remember THEY started this war. THEY are the bad guys. THEY are the ones trying to reach across the Internet and stick their dirty, smelly, fat fingers in the mouth of my children and take their food away.

Some softies in this thread seem to think content owners need to fight, but only very nicely, to protect themselves and their families from pirates. I have more respect for my own family than that and intend to continue "fighting fire with fire" (or a bigger fire).

The pirates have never once asked me if it would affect my ability to feed my children if they steal from me and my business. Does anybody here think I should let my family suffer so the family of the pirate doesn't suffer?

The pirates - and only the pirates - put themselves in the position of having their names listed as jerks, assholes, pirates and criminals. They did so with the full knowledge that their acts violate laws and the risk that places on their own families. THEY made that choice.

Let them - and by extension their families - hang here on GFY, and on any other sites in which they can be hung.

James Grady
d/b/a Jimmy Stephans
40 W. Littleton BL
Littleton, CO. USA 80120
1-877-686-5393
yo ho and a bottle of rum
SKUP is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook