Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethedope View Post
Say I do 3500 a year program.

That's money spent.

I have to assume I'm still going to lose at least 3500 due to indirect piracy anyway.
If you are at the 3.5k level you are likely losing an order of magnitude greater than that in piracy.

Quote:
What's the difference if it's through direct piracy of my content or not?

It's not like I'm going to make 3500 back because of anti-piracy efforts.
You will stem the cost though, because if you were being infringed on the more than 100 sites that are now offline due to our efforts then you've just had a lot of freeloaders cut off.

Quote:
That being said, I can see how your actions and anti-piracy itself is limited without actual rights holders making the effort you make or being repped by you directly.
You've got a much better chance of participating in a case against cashed up pirates if we can build cases based on your infringements and the infringements of others.

It may not be obvious but we're building well researched files on many large piracy operations, there will come a point where we say to our represented rights holders that we think there's a case here and give them the opportunity to pursue it.

You would also have to be a really large rights holder to pay a $3.5k representation fee, in that class you'd be owning thousands of copyright works worth millions of dollars.

The bottom line is this fight has a cost and the people who are wearing most of the cost right now are the people fighting tooth and nail to protect your content because there's no profit in this, none whatsoever.

Last edited by AdultKing; 11-13-2012 at 12:34 PM..
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote