View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM  
davethedope
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
There's plenty of money in piracy for the pirates. This is why it's such a big problem, if there was no money in it then there would be a lot less piracy.

However if you're insinuating that we make a buck out of this effort then you're wrong.

Nobody has been paid for the work we do other than the lawyers and accountants or similar service providers we engage.

This is expensive, time consuming work. Every month we have to find the money to keep going and every month we barely make it to the next. I've already placed on the public record in the Stop File Lockers thread what is involved.

Right now for us to achieve better outcomes we need to become representative. We need rights holders to enter into a non exclusive representation agreement with us so we can do the following things:

1. Issue written correspondence to third parties (?Infringers?) who are infringing the Owner?s IP, including but not limited to, DMCA take down notices, infringement notices and/or cease and desist letters;

2. Request that third parties, including without limitation, payment processors, web hosting companies, ISPs, DNS server providers and domain registrars (?Service Providers?), take necessary steps to prevent infringement of the rights embodied in the Owner?s IP, including without limitation shutting down Infringers? websites or merchant facilities on Infringers? websites;

3. Make complaints to and liaise with law enforcement bodies with regard to infringement of the rights embodied in the Owner?s IP;

4. Generally represent the Owner to commercial, non profit and government bodies with respect to the ownership and protection of the Owner?s IP;

5. Undertake other reasonable steps as Copy Control considers necessary to prevent or cease infringement of the rights embodied in the Owner?s IP.

If rights holders want a chance to put a stop to this ridiculous cycle of piracy that has gone unchecked for so long then they should take this opportunity to have their rights enforced by a team of dedicated, selfless, hard working and committed anti-piracy activists.
Say I do 3500 a year program.

That's money spent.

I have to assume I'm still going to lose at least 3500 due to indirect piracy anyway.

What's the difference if it's through direct piracy of my content or not?

It's not like I'm going to make 3500 back because of anti-piracy efforts.

That being said, I can see how your actions and anti-piracy itself is limited without actual rights holders making the effort you make or being repped by you directly.
davethedope is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote