View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 AM  
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzmulti View Post
Because I bet 20 site/programs I have had the "just under $100" mark suddenly folded up...nearly $2,000 down the tubes...I make "ancillary" money from affiliate promotion, so for me, that is a high percentage...not dollar amount, but percentage.

My main income are my sites, shooting, other things...but when people use NATS or whatever and skip town...close up shop...etc...it ends up being a waste of my time...that's why.
So if I do the limited amount of affiliate promotion I do - with places I KNOW I'll get CCBILL checks from, I am not wasting my time.
Exceptions are there...BIG places that I feel secure in promoting and are proven...knowing I'll get paid, and do.

But smaller, or "too new for me" programs...I just don't have that level of confidence to do it, until they are "proven".
What he's saying is you are missing opportunities to find major scores because you are afraid of losing money here or there. I'm not afraid of getting screwed over on $75 when I know that I can find hidden gems that I know will make me thousands.

A good example is the program that epitome works for, not that it's small, but a lot of people don't know about it because it is for the gay market. It's a gem. You would be missing out on that. The same is true for many straight programs, which you might be able to take advantage of.

In your case, affiliate work is not the bulk of your income so I see where you're coming from. But if you were an affiliate only, you would be missing out on many great moneymakers.

I see it as a cost of doing business.
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote