View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by epitome View Post
Anxiously waiting to hear the secret!
You pay in a huge sum over the years, with high wages/tax, employing people, selling and getting the sales tax added. Then at the end you get a pittance back.

Much better is to put money into various private pensions funds and invest in solid commodities with a long term plan.

Some welfare, like pension, invalid, medical aren't means tested. Yet to rely on these 100% when it's possible to add to them with private doctors and hospital plans is best. For instance, my doctor is private, so I don't wait and don't get a 10 minute slot to discuss my treatment. Recently had an operation in a private hospital, own room, toilet, bathroom, TV, etc. Eva still brought me my food, as I need a special diet and it;s best she or I cook it. They cook Czech food here and not suitable for me.

Also retirement pension here sucks. I think it's $300 a month. I'm on invalid pension and even the English one of $800 a month sucks. Now the EU had decided I should get the Czech one of $300.

So I advise you not to rely on Government welfare, it's only to keep the very poor from falling between the cracks. Invest in private pensions like I did and do it for at least 30 years as markets go up and down. Or buy something that never goes down, good plots of land.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook