View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 PM  
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Should be the way it is...but it's not the way it's being played out.

Hell, Bush came into office with a recession that started in the last bit of Clinton's tenure. He was catching hell for not being able to fix it fast enough when 9-11 happened and everything shifted.

I think the Bush years economically were pretty good. Not as good as Clinton's years (because of the tech bubble and rise of the internet). But they were certainly WAY better than Daddy Bush's 4 years (which were coming down from the good times of the Reagan years).

Obama has now been President for almost four years. He came into office on a wave of good will and popularity and both houses of congress under his control.
He could have REALLY done some things.

But he didn't.
At some point...and I would say somewhere around the 2 year mark...you have to start saying this is OBAMA'S economy and OBAMA'S presidency. Not Bush. Not Clinton.

All I heard from Obama during the 2008 election was that he had the answers and ideas to FIX this and get it done within his first 3 years or "it will be a one-term proposition" (his own words). Now that he is president...all I hear are excuses as to why it can't be done.

I have a saying: "Excuses are for losers. Winners don't need them"
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/..._share_twitter
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote