View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
We've posted a new update at www.stopfilelockers.com with a revision summary of recent terminations.

http://stopfilelockers.com/more-paym...ing-web-sites/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraves View Post
I didn't know there were that many either. Do you know what the rate is of new ones opening?
Not all of these recent reports are file lockers, some are enablers.

People seem to try their hand to see if they can escape our notice - simple message is they can't. Others dress their infringing sites up as cloud services with flashy designs however the underlying issue of piracy remains consistent - JustCloud.com was a good example of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraves View Post
Do the ones that shut down just re-open under a new name or do you think they throw in the towel?
Some are definitely the same owners. We are much more advanced than when we started this project. We now have forensic analysis, project management and case management tools and we collect evidence in such a way as it can be used in legal action or criminal prosecution.

Everyone seems to think the spotlight wont shine on them or their sites. They are wrong to think that.

Where we see deliberate, repeat infringement we're going to be taking steps to counter that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Sent some money, will send more as soon as I get it into my Paypal account or will send it from the business account.
Thank you. Every contribution helps, this effort is becoming more costly and we appreciate everyones contributions.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook