View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:36 AM  
FShoppe

Industry Role:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FShoppe
And you know this is copyright how? How are we supposed to know it is copyright? Take your word for it?
Download it and find out.
First, it is unreasonable for us to download EVERY file to examine. We are happy to look at file names and or web pages that promote it as a particular type of download.

For example, if a file gets uploaded called "House Episode 1.avi", we will delete it!

If another file is called "HE1.rar" we won't delete it. But if someone says, "This file is being offered here, it is infringing THIS particular copyright etc etc." Then we will remove it.

But it is more complicated when the infringement is not obvious. From what I can see, the files in question relate to Java tutorials. I cannot see any 'author' information so if someone says "it's copyright", I'm afraid that doesn't cut the cheese.

We need to be able to verify a claim. Who's copyright does it infringe? How do you know? Where is this file being shared. Just some links means nothing without context. Some links HAVE context and we can act. But without context, what do you expect?

Quote:
AK when he's got Paypal making sure they are on top of this. Will move onto other processors. Now I appreciate that will cost you your business. Don't expect sympathy from anyone here.
Never going to be a problem since we will never get Paypal :-).

Quote:
AK any idea who he is or if you can find out?
What would you like to know? We're not hiding anything.
FShoppe is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook