View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM  
alcstrategy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
Just the answer I was expecting. Thank you.

Why should this guy give you or anyone any information or access about his users if you aren't a recognized authority...I'm still unsure of your angle in all of this, but perhaps you are trying to achieve some sort of authoritative status somehow by doing what you are doing, but until that point no one should be giving you or anyone that isn't a recognized authority anything, and you shouldn't even ask for it.

Anyone can make up a cause and set up a whole situation that makes them look official and then get sensitive data as a result. It's called social engineering and if it happened to a company that represented you and they gave out your information, you would not be very happy regardless of the supposed illegitimacy.

You put whoever you suspect on blast wanting them to violate privacy just to please your cause. One example was Paxum. You suspected them of funding or supporting piracy or whatever, and they actually ended up revealing some info about someone. Even still you put them on blast about "supporting" piracy you still seem to use them, just as many other people in this thread probably do.

Does that mean you are/were also supporting piracy because some of your money goes to them?

By this guy Fshoppe denying you access to all his things, you are implying it makes him seem more guilty when half your answers are that you "don't discuss operational matters". Why should he break whatever privacy terms he has in place when you won't break any of your private matters.

By this guy feeding into this thread actually makes it seem like you guys are an authority and is actually strengthening your credibility. What a fool this guy is and makes me wonder why he is even talking in this thread.
alcstrategy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook