View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:25 PM  
krylon
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
Small file lockers left unchecked become big file lockers. We've seen that time and time again. Large file lockers are much harder to deal with.

We've dealt with plenty of large hosts. DepositFiles, FileFactory, MediaFire, Extabit. In the past 60 days we have seen 279 sites from the file locker/piracy ecosystem have their accounts terminated by Paypal.

As I have said numerous times in this thread, larger sites take much longer to deal with. It's hard work, resource intensive and costs money. Nobody gets paid to do this, every single person working on Copy Control is a volunteer. Yet we have managed to disrupt the operation of almost three hundred sites.

We could do more, faster and with greater efficiency if we had paid staff, or more people helping in compiling reports, doing the hard yards.

We don't talk about sites we are targeting unless we deem it strategically prudent to do so. The bad guys read these threads so we try not to give them forewarning of what we are doing.

I understand the frustration of knowing sites are still up profiting from infringing content but without more resources we are doing the best we can.
are you really taking credit for mediafire, who stopped using paypal on their own?
also, you've generated ~5k with stopfilelockers, why not pay the staff with that money? I don't see it costing much to hire some indians to submit stuff to paypal?

krylon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook