View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 07:01 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Has Xbiz covered this yet, or only AVN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
Once someone actually started moving on any of these issues, I would have thought "the industry" would have rallied behind them, and charged forward. It seems that the most that "the industry" can do is post new threads on a forum, and throw you a few kudos.
If the whole industry got behind him, it would mean they would all have to shut down their pirate operations. I think the silence from the "big boys" says more than we think, and the lack of support from the small guys shows how much they probably rely on the file lockers for free shit.

There have been multiple efforts over the years to gather people to fight piracy, all have failed. I was at the first ever piracy meeting in LA years ago. It was packed. That started a long line of failed attempts to get just a few guys together to fight these sites. Instead of making it work and putting in real effort, most of them figured out they could make a few peanuts per title by leasing them to tube sites, so they did exactly that.

It's pathetic really. But you are right, everyone let it happen, and continue to do so.

I'll also note, there is always anti-piracy stuff going down out of the public eye that others don't know about. A site is quietly taken offline here and there or forced into working with content owners, but no one has ever been this successful before. Not even close. It's exactly the thing many of us have been hoping for. It's just a shame 100% of the industry is not behind it.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook