Thread: Guinea Pig
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM  
PJay

Industry Role:
Guinea Pig

Hi guys,

I'm completely new here.

I'm a broke ass noob who intends to get started in this business.

Heard that one before? Yeah I know

I do have a few assets that I hope will be in my favour and I hope this might turn into an interesting thread for any one else who is in a similar position to myself. I'll start by thanking you guys for any help and support.

So my plans and what I've done so far;

I had a plan to produce some content and sell it on the web! As business plans go I know that Warren Buffet will not be losing sleep over me

I've gone so far as to make some video and start loading it onto Clips4sale which offers me a profit share.

Since reading most of the educational series on this forum I've quickly realised that I'm being naive and need a lot more planning.

My assets are a medium size brain, a HD camcorder, an I phone for photos, a camper van ( yep I'm that broke) a willing young girlfriend, I have the technical ability to load and customise a Wordpress blog onto a self hosted provider and buy a domain name ( this was in the past for a travel blog), I can use premier pro and photoshop to a basic level.

So that's it so far, I know I have to build some blogs, and try to build traffic, I know my content is perhaps too mainstream although I have a few niche ideas that have been done plenty but maybe I could make them work.

So why help me? Good question. Well for one this thread could become a good resource here on GFY. Two ill be completely open with my ideas, failures and successes warts and all I'll inform you of all the details including financial so that you can see the whole picture. Finally why should you help me make money? All I can promise is that if I do make money I'll let the people who help me decide what to do with some of of it in the form of a charitable donation. A poll or some such thing.

So what shall I do next guys? Shall I finish loading content onto Clips4sale (c4s)? They need 10 clips to activate my account I have 4 as of today and I have to use coffee shop wifi to upload the other 4 I have ready.

Get blogging? Where? How many?U

Was thinking of offering some copywriting here but don't have anything to show people of my ability? Maybe do it for free at first.

Also thought of providing amateur content for sites as I have contacts with other amateurs.

ATM I'm trying to fulfill my clips at c4s and a similar site called AdultWork. Just to try and get some income.
Anyway I'll stop now and see if this interests any of you.

PJay
PJay is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook