View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 PM  
His Infernal Majesty
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
The smaller one's, as I said, were set up for the sole purpose of content theft. From the sounds of it, this can be easily proven. I doubt they could show a lot of legitimate long time users. In RS case, I bet they can.
This is pretty accurate, there is a very clear line between the ones that are trying to run a legit business and those that are just fronts proliferating theft.

For example, I've had some content appear on Rapidshare occasionally, but I send one DMCA and within a day they take it down. They don't pay users, they block the files from being reuploaded and it generally is a very minimal issue. Then there are people like 1hostclick that ignores all takedown requests and would only remove things after Paypal got on them and it would take over a week. Even losing Paypal they are still a pain and it's even harder now to get things removed. I am sending along to their host, now which is, of course...wait for it...LEASEWEB! The biggest facilitators of these illegal practices. They also process with Paypal.
His Infernal Majesty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook