View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:55 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotAlpha View Post
Oh I didn't realise extabit lost their paypal, that's excellent news.

It would be extremely nice to see rapidgator go down though, they are one of the big 'medium fish', the one most uploaders use to earn from.

As for the 'serious ones', AlexShark:

Largest = the professionals, e.g. rapidshare, filefactory, mediafire, they all have actual corporations behind them and lawyers. These deal with piracy as required and do not fund pirates.

Largest Paying = rapidgator.net, fiberupload.com, shareflare.net, extabit.com, letitbit.net (owns shareflare) and a few more. They are run by unprofessional individuals or shady partnerships. Some in the past have ended up being owned 'secretly' by legitimate internet companies.

Going after the professionals would be pointless, they aren't really causing as much damage actually, they know about the piracy and work to remove it. The unprofessional ones, the paying ones, directly advertise to pirates and pay them.

So yeah, go after the paying hosts.
Rather than give AK a list or tell him he's only going after the small fry. Lend a hand, donate or set up something yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesouth View Post
From a tactical standpoint going after the pawns first is the smarter move targeting a big battle without first winning some smaller ones is just a hail mary move.

Ways to escalate the fight. RIAA/MPA/ASCAP have deep pockets and spend a lot on getting no where. Inform them of what is happening here, I'm sure it's been done, with the view to getting funding for more staff and publicity. They also have the ears of the credit card companies.

Bigger companies can rinse and repeat the process Corbin Fisher went, get the list of the uploaders and downloaders and start sending out emails explaining what is coming in the post and asking for an explanation. Then sue or settle with the fuckers. Alternatively see if the Corbin Fisher list is open for others to use.

An email is easy and will put the fear of god in the pirates. Then letter, if ignored registered letter, if ignored, serve a writ. AND squeeze. no need to go after those living in India or similar just hit the places with money.

Tell FSC and ASACAP to get in on the act. Those contributing to FSC have a loud voice.

Someone mentioned shareholders protesting recently.Find out if any of the payment processors are public companies and who holds a major share in them. A lot will be in the financial sector, target them with the news of the processing company, doing business with people selling access to cp.

And yes, I have done something. And no, not telling you.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook