View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS-17 View Post
I talked to a few friends and found out that Vasillis is an employee of Alex XE (owner of the Webazilla), who also lives in Cyprus. Uploading.com is hosted there.

So, correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like owner of AVN and GFY also owns one of the major file sharing sites? Can it be true?
According to Theo, Vasillis is a nominee director who anyone can use to front their company. Standard stuff for offshore corporation formation when someone needs to be detached from the company or is trying to hide. I believe Theo on this. But who the man is behind Vasillis, is the real question.

However, if you google his name, he only shows up for 2 or 3 companies (I did not do a in depth search, just a quick one), and two of those are AVN and Uploading.com, the other is the firm he supposedly works for. So logic would say that whoever is hiding behind him for those two sites, is the same guy. Otherwise, you would have lots of other companies using him, as you find for most other nominee directors.

I think the whole thing stinks to the high heavens, and the owner of AVN, whoever that may be, is also involved in file sharing and fucking the industry in the ass. Perhaps illegal file sharing is where the money came from to buy AVN. The irony of that. However, the industry is so fucking desperate that even if that is proven to be true, they will still support AVN and license their content to tube sites, all the while wondering why their sales are diminishing as the pirate and unethical operations are growing, acquiring more and more failing businesses along the way.

I'm sure we can all speculate who the person hiding behind Vasillis is, but we'll never know until someone gets hacked or someone leaks a document connecting the dots. But even then, it won't even matter. Bro drinks and pats on the back for everyone!

Last edited by DWB; 07-07-2012 at 04:47 AM..
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook