View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:05 PM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far-L View Post
I think you are mis-reading it. Seems more like Oron would become like the "legit tubes" and work with content partners and have a vested interest in protecting those partners.
It means they will work with Liberty Media, who will in turn lie, telling everyone Oron is DMCA compliant and is willing to will work with content owners. However, Oron isn't going to give two squirts of piss about anyone else, and they don't have to. That has always been how they operate. It is clear Fisher is going to blow whatever smoke he has to blow to collect a smaller payday, info on uploaders, and the ability to swap links to seed videos so they can track and sue the downloaders.

However, business is business. I'm just happy to have seen that he is just a whore, as I previously held him in much higher regard.

Quote:
This shall include, disingenuous as it may be, public statements that we are convinced that Oron does have DMCA protection.
"Disingenuous as it may be" is all that needs to be said. Pay us and we'll lie for you and try to keep you out of trouble.

Three million frozen in their Hong Kong account and their counter offer is $50,000. Even if they sue the uploaders AND downloaders, they probably won't collect on what they could probably get from Oron.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook