View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 PM  
k0nr4d
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by longdongsilver View Post
Another guy with a big heart for all adult webmasters.....

You make the script that runs some of the biggest illegal tubes that steal the majority of money from adult webmasters.??

You then tell us Manwins interests align with ours??

WTF??????????

I can't believe what i am hearing on here.

I think some huge tube site is behind this entire thread.
The vast majority of tubes are legal - full of sponsor content or bought content. Even the big tubes are buying up content licenses because it's cheaper to license the content then to get sued all the time (and almost invariably settle out of court for undisclosed sums). Just because you see a 30 minute video on a tube site does not mean that they don't have a license to use it or has not struct a deal with the owner of said content. Most webmasters are scared to even start using pirated content because they see all the ligitation happening. I'm not saying some tubes don't have pirated content - but while there are 100% legal tubes, I doubt there are any 100% legal file lockers (out of the ones that allow filesharing anyways).

A bigger issue is that people are using a sponsor's content without pushing that sponsor, and instead pushing dating or cams using their content. They are even using those sponsors bandwidth by hotlinking the videos. Why? When you are starting off a tube and need to dump in 20k videos out of the gate - it's alot of work and very time consuming to sign up to 500 programs and insert all the ads for 2000 paysites.

Now as for Manwin - if their bottom line is hurt by filelockers, and the bottom lines of content producers are hurt by filelockers, then interests ARE aligned - even if temporarily. Wars have been fought using that logic for millenia.
k0nr4d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook