View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 AM  
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madko View Post
Man, you clearly don't understand GPL!!!!
This thread is way to much! I do understand Fris is a nice guy.. but the fact is he sells something (even for a good cause) he has NO RIGHT to. Some of the stuff is ok, some of the stuff is not legit. I also understand you don't like Anna ...we all get it. But ..this time she WAS RIGHT asking questions about that pack.

Stop using "spirit of GPL" .. you can't sell other's people work .. you can use it .. and sell only your "improvement" on that product.
Improving a GPL product ...makes another product which is yours (see Chrome out of Mozilla project, Android out of Linux, etc).. which you can sell or freely distribute.

What did fris add on all those GPL products? what about the products that are not under GPL?
Sorry, but you are the one who doesn't understand it. Ethical or not, if you release something under the GPL and I buy or download it, I can do WHATEVER I WANT WITH IT. I can use it, I can modify it, I can sell it with or without modifications.

If you're going to tell something that they don't know what they're talking about, it's probably best to at least have SOME IDEA of what you're talking about.

Here's the FIRST FUCKING LINE of the GPL Terms and Conditions in the license.

Quote:
1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
And I don't like Anna only because she has the attitude of a real bitch, and I don't approve of her starting trouble and playing all dumb and innocent like she had no idea what she was doing. That snatch knew exactly what she was doing and was trying to stir up trouble and make herself look good in the meantime.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me

Last edited by candyflip; 06-11-2012 at 05:05 AM..
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote