View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 PM  
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme-website View Post
Not the case at all. IM not a WP developer.
I skin them... thats as far as it goes.
My work and fris's work are poles apart.

It seems like theres are 2 people in a 2 page thread that actualy understand the GPL licence.. or maybe they don't. I know I dont...

I also think its quite reasonable to ask the companies involved is this is legit. Whats to fear?
Either they get an education in GPL... or we get an education in GPL. It would be good to clear this up once and for all.
Don't play dumb. You knew exactly what you were doing.

And no one is debating the GPL really, at this point it's whether or not a script was released under the GPL or not.

And I still stand on what I say. You can search Google and pull up the Headway split license stuff until you're blue in the face, and it doesn't change the fact that the ToS and every point of mention on the website they are selling the script on and collecting people's money says that the "All Headway Themes are released under the GPLv2". A 2 year old rant on a blog by the kid who wrote the code's dad doesn't change that.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me

Last edited by candyflip; 06-08-2012 at 12:43 PM..
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote