View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:19 PM  
georgeyw
58008 53773

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeloubani View Post
So I was having a website designed and the guy told me it would take 2 weeks. So as the two weeks was up and I hadn't seen anything I messaged/emailed him a few times but I got no answer. A week goes by and no answer from him. Then I email him and tell him that if I don't get an answer or see something by May 5th I'll be forced to ask for a refund of my deposit (50%).

So the guy comes through and finishes the website on May 6th and I'm happy and everything and I tell him that I'll send him a payment as soon as I get one in Paypal - I just prefer that over one from my bank account or credit card. Today the designer emails me telling me that I have 24 hours to pay him or he will keep the deposit and sell the theme to someone else.

So I tell him if he does that I'll be forced to make a Paypal dispute on the deposit. He says that I only have 30 days and then tells me to 'Eat it' but little did he know that you get 45 days, not 30. I now have filed a dispute for something that I was never sent.

Is this normal for designers to ask for their money after 5 days or they'd keep a deposit and resell the work that the deposit paid for? I fully intended to pay I just wanted to wait until I got a payment (which I ended up getting minutes after this all went down). I understand people want to get paid and I never ignored a single email from the guy but instead answered them all promptly but when I emailed him I went days to a week without an answer each time.

Edit: when I asked for the design to be done I told him I wasn't in a rush and he told me it would take 2 weeks, after a week of no answers from him i had to give him a deadline which was 2x the time he estimated. Today he told me he should have charged me a rush fee because initially I didn't set a timeline. Is this also normal that designers feel they need to charge a rush fee for work to be completed in a month?
Wait you are angry because the designer won't hand over files when you have said that you will not be paying until you receive a deposit?

You are a deadset fucking jerk - hope the designer sees this thread and sends it to Paypal.