View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
Yet real pilots and professionals will tell you that hitting the Pentagon for example the way it was is an almost magical feat, possible only by insanely talented and experienced pilots...
Anyone can crash a fucking airplane into a building. Anyone.

Quote:
Once that pressurized environment is compromised by a huge hole made by a large airplane, your argument is neutered.
Not at all.

You continue to assume this was a regular building and a regular fire. Even after the impact, most the building was still airtight. On the floors where the air tight seal was broken, it wasn't a fire, but a fire storm. You had air under pressure trying to escape, and air from the wind trying to get in.

Quote:
Nothing of the sort of reported.
Really? Your telling me that there was explosions in the basement, and now your telling me nothing was reported? Which was it?

Your telling us that there was explosions in the basement, and I'm telling you that fireballs rushed down to the basement and set only god knows what on fire. AGAIN your assuming that this is "just a building" and now "just a basement" without understanding that the basement of the WTC was less of a basement and more of a city that included a power plant, back up generators, transforms, HVAC equiptment, tens of thousands of gallons of oil, a subway station, and shopping center.

Quote:
Explosions from the basements that would take out parts of the lobby make more sense than fireballs zooming down from 100 stories up.
The only person saying anything about taking out parts of the lobby is YOU. The windows were broken, and some minor damage was done, but it was used as a command center by the fire department when this went down.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote