View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
I don't dismiss the speed for those reasons. I dismiss it because regardless or the speed of the impact, it wouldn't have made a difference to the damage or the resulting effect to the building/s...
Of course speed matters.

If you ram your car into a brick wall at 10mph, you'll dent your car. Ram it at 60mph and your going right through it. A plan hitting a building at 300mph does a certain amount of damage, and a plane hitting a building at twice that speed does a lot more damage.

Quote:
....most of the engineers and pilots in question refer to the maneuvers as extraordinary.
Not at all. A few hours of flight training and I'm pretty sure anyone can do it.

Quote:
What I do know is that steel of this sort needs controlled and constant temperatures to reach the point of weakness or complete failure of support. Apparently on the order of three hours. This so-called rate is usually 2500°F, which none of the three towers reached in their intended periods...
No, not at all. The steel was already bent, twisted, mangled, and damaged. Undamaged steel beams not under stress will start bend at between 600-800 degrees. The steel in the WTC was subjected to the same temp, but was damaged and under stress - a lot of stress.

Quote:
Wow. So rather than the "official" story which is put out by the govt. you're saying they're all saying something different?
There is no "single" version the government is putting out. There are multiple agencies and multiple private companies that have done investigations, and have come up with multiple reasons for the fall of the towers.

Quote:

We can't have the answers obviously because for some reason the City of New York thought it was appropriate to remove the evidence and recycle most of it....
And you think we should do what? Store it until the end of time? Your talking about millions of tons of debris. Where would you store it? And how much would it cost? And why? We've been over the debris, and most of it was sent off to various agencies, private and government, for testing. Multiple investigations was done, answers were handed out, and it's over.

Quote:
Not true at all. I'm not assuming anything. I consider the facts that according to building designers and steel support construction, buildings such as WTC 1 and 2 as well as number 7 could not have collapsed due to the damage incurred by the foreseen airline impacts and fires which occurred...
Lies.

The buildings were in fact no designed to withstand such impacts or the resulting fires. They were designed to withstand impacts from smaller planes at lower speeds that hit the towers by accident - not by someone intentionally ramming the buildings at 600mph.

Quote:
Your belief that exposure to the government's theorized amount of heat caused the building/s to collapse is no more than a religious aspiration - purely belief-based without a shred of actual scientific confirmation.
Not at all.

From one of your friends: http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/anal...res/steel.html

They claim that steel will melt at 800 degrees. That is, of course, undamaged steel not under any pressure or stress. The fire was between 600-800 degrees... More than enough to cause the steel to bend or melt.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote