View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:26 PM  
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
well i really think you do need a partner and not saying that looking to partner with you - i have my own models.

you are underestimating the work and time that goes into a successful solo site. i can't think of one model who has done it successfully on her own.
Its true. Sole ownership will NEVER work because no company that knows what theyre doing in this niche (theres only a few left) would allow the model to have sole ownership after they do all the ground work to get it up and going.

The company would be risking the cost of locations, designs, editing work, making of affiliate tools, endless amount of affiliate work. They basically took a nice t-shirt and turned it into a revenue source. I always tell models that, anybody can make a t-shirt, getting that t-shirt in stores and getting people to pay for it is a whole different story. If a company launches a girl and makes a name for themselves and the site is in the models name and the model decides to leave, theyre screwed 100 percent... and after basically doing all the work

If i launch a new site, its going to make money because of the pool of affiliates and the promotion I do myself, I can slot any site in there and it will make money if the model is decent looking. The money is in the affiliate program. So lets say you took a models site and turned it into a money maker by attaching it to your program and then they cut loose? Well now youre an idiot

Maybe you should consider better contracts and start talking to lawyers, i have a contract that states they receive 50 percent of net, if they dont get it , they can bring me to court and win. I know of models who have sued and won for this very same thing. The company has something to lose, if the site was in the models name and the company tried to sue, good luck! Good luck getting the money and good luck winning, lesser chances of winnign that battle.

Last edited by Pseudonymous; 05-03-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote