Thread: PHP Refugees
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 AM  
mafia_man
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbacardi View Post
No offence but a lot of coders do have sticks stuck so far up their ass. Just because code may be sloppy as fuck and far from elegant doesn't mean it sucks! The person on the front end would never know the difference, so for people running their own sites, its not such a big deal as long as it makes sense to them. Yet I have spoke with a few programmers who are like "Oh its sloppy, you suck balls"... doesn't matter if it does something really fucking cool or not.

That being said it is better to be efficient and neat etc for many reasons but jeez... just sayin.
Time, Money, Good Code. Choose 2.

The only excuse for sloppy code is if there's not time and money to create good code.

I was talking to a guy that was creating a program in COBOL for some university project. He told me he was copying and pasting code instead of creating functions because it was easier than figuring out parameters and return values.

He's an engineer not a dev but he didn't seem to understand why his compile time was rising exponentially.