View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor View Post
That very much depends on the site. Smart phones and tablets are pretty good these days. The purpose of HTML and a web browser, as opposed to PDF, is that the browser renders the site appropriately for the device. So if the site is well coded, with proper HTML and CSS, it may be just a matter of leading the site on a couple mobile devices and seeing what doesn't work so well, then remove or adjust the appropriate CSS rules to eliminate assumptions about the client. By getting rid of assumptions about screen size, etc. you make the site work on all devices - past present and future.
I have the W3TC plugin on one of my sites and it will forward to a mobile phone URL based on it's User/Agent list.

What I want to do is have separate mobile friendly video files created in Linux, or elswhere and uploaded. Isn't there a program tube sites use to convert their files in Linux to tube friendly sizes/formats?

Thanks Ray

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote