View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM  
Ron Bennett
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlsGirl View Post
I would not discount that they have unhappy customers, but their poor service alone does not explain why my 20 bucks would be missing from my account for 10 days.
If you used a credit card, nothing would be missing. Your open-to-buy would be reduced, but no biggie. Using a debit card, is generally more risky, since it can result in the connected bank account getting over-drawn.

Quote:
If an approval was given for the transaction, and funds were extracted from my account, the funds had to go somewhere!
The funds went to the 3rd party processor's bank (assuming that's what EastCoastPhoto really uses), -or- quite possibly, they may have their own merchant account, in which case, it likely went into their bank account within a day or two of the transaction settling.

Quote:
All I am saying is the merchant east coast photo never got it....we did not have it for 10 days....and there was no kind of *hold* or anything that says *pending* transaction in our account, the monies were poofed...gone!
You're assuming they EastCoastPhoto didn't get it, and technically that may be true (ie. if they're paid weekly or whatever by the 3rd party processor), but EastCoastPhoto likely had control over whether they'd eventually get the funds along with control of whether they'd choose to refund, which appears to be what happened in this instance.

Kroy's comment is probably the most accurate scenario I've read in this thread so far ... especially, if all you bought was a $18.99 item, it may not have been worth EastCoastPhoto's time to sell it unless they could aggressively push an upsell to bulk up the purchase.