View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 AM  
SwirlsGirl
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bennett View Post
Why would EastCoastPhoto.com be asking for your credit card number / expiration date again? And why nine days later?

Seems to me, and this may the crux of your comment, that the 3rd party processor didn't want to release payment to EastCoastPhoto.com ...

However, based on the events you described, that may be a good thing ... the 3rd party processor may have saved you from being defrauded...

EastCoastPhoto.com didn't promptly ship and hence your money was automatically refunded with no action on your part - seems to me the system, in this instance, worked fine.
Hey Ron thanks for chiming in

I certainly appreciate all of the constructive comments.

I felt that after seeing so many failed or denied attempted signups to my website lately, with the "transaction declined by bank" message...

I could not help but wonder if there was a connection. When I examine the details I conclude that there could be some chicanery where banks are suspending or delaying or stalling transactions and leaving merchants and customers hanging in some kind of limbo while they buy themselves time like they did with us (10 days) and use that money for something during the 10 day interim.

Now sure they cannot do much with just my 20 bucks, but if they did this with 100 different accounts and different transaction amounts...

it stands to reason that this could be a tactic that banks and *other* financial companies are using to make up for lost revenue..just a theory

This at its core was another example of how a valid transaction between a merchant and a customer was caused to fail by a 3rd party....and after the very strange and unexplained failed/denied transaction...

you question the 3rd party about why this transaction was failed and the the 3rd party(in this case the bank) has no clue about why it failed, and where your money was for 10 days.

I think it speaks volumes, and I think that 1 failed *good* transaction is one too many. See as the merchant and customer lose out on the good transaction the middle man or bank in this situation holds on to funds for 10 days...

so the 3rd party in fact won in this situation...the merchant and customer got nothing, and the bank got to hold 20 bucks extra revenue for 10 days...thats the subtlety of their victory
SwirlsGirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote