View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM  
SwirlsGirl
So Fucking Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRosh View Post
Even if the account shows the debit and the transaction is "approved" that does not mean the funds are settled.

There was a discrepancy with the settlement so the transaction was reversed. You got your money back in your account. NO real money was ever exchanged.

what's so weird about that?
Hey KRosh what is troubling to us if you can look at it from this perspective...

Normally my gripes on gfy are from the merchant perspective, in this instance I am the customer attempting to transact and purchase a product I really need.

Purchase was made, funds were taken from my card/or account however you view it, and money was missing for 8 days.

The money was never sent to the merchant, so the merchant lost out on a sale, the customer who was me lost out on a product, as well as forfeited 20 bucks for a period of 8 days so someone else was holding that 20 for 8 days as it was not in our bank acount.

I can see if it were held for 24 hours, or even 48 hours but to hold 20 bucks for 8 days then send it back into my account as a merchant return when the merchant never got it?

Then to add insult to injury I just wanted an explanation which is what customer serivce is for, and they say I have never seen this happen and I do not have any explanation as to where you money was for 8 days?

that is a tad bit troubling, and as a merchant I have to wonder about some of the many failed attempted purchases made by my customers. This was a failed transaction, we had funds and tried to purchase...the company had the product and tried to sell...but somewhere in the process was a glitch,a bug, a ghost, a corrupted swift file from the satellite server.

You see the only one who can answer the question was the bank and they said they have no explanation so what am I to do...

Its water under the bridge but it certainly helps illustrate a number of my whole arguments about too much control and secrecy with respect to 3rd parties governing transactions.

Now it may help you to understand it better if I tell you the same thing happened to a friend who tried to make a truck payment thru the same bank, and his $800.00 truck payment came out of his bank account, and was paid as far as he knew.

Then 2 weeks later a repo man shows up to repo his truck, he has to go and pull bank statement to show his truck payment was taken from his account from his bank.

The bank again had no valid explanation...must have been a glitch....LOL one hell of a glitch
SwirlsGirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote