View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 PM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
I hate when I don't have a camera with me.

Last Thursday evening while walking the dogs I noticed a water hydrant that had water bubbling up out of the ground around it. The next morning I saw that the city had put hazard cones around it, so I figured they were on it.

By Friday evening the water was flowing out pretty easily. As I walked the dogs over the weekend I monitored the progress of the water flow. I know that what was visible was probably minor compared to what was happening beneath the asphalt. Last night I made a mental note to call the city if no one was doing anything as it was pretty obvious [to me] that this had gone from minor to major.

This morning we were on our walk and I noticed a work crew had arrived and they were beginning to break the ground around the hydrant. On the walk home we crossed over to their side of the street so I could see if the damage was anything like what I imagined.

We were about 50 feet away and approaching as I heard one of the guys say, "oh shit!" Just then the hydrant seemed to levitate an inch or so, then fell over as a huge stream of water came spurting up into the air. It would have made a great pic. I guess they got there just in time.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote