View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskoppen View Post
I dont see the problem. Just dont do crime
I don't have any issues with criminals being locked up, but from how it reads it seems they are going to target illegals in general. That creates a two fold concern for me.

1) Why not just deport them back to where they came from? Surly that would be cheaper than keeping them locked up. However, if this is turned into a business in the way the prison system is, then it makes sense.

2) Who's to say it will stop with illegals? Today it's illegals. Next year it may be Greek criminals. The year after that, anyone who protests. After that, anyone delinquent on their taxes. And so on and so forth. Keeping people in "camps" is a slippery slope. That is one thing history has taught us.

Only 70 years ago in the USA they locked up Japanese-Americans in "War Relocation Camps" on American soil. And we are just dumb enough to repeat history over and over again. With the dim future of the world economy, such a movement is going to be the only way they will be able to keep order when the shit hits the fan in collapsing nations, as it's starting to in Greece.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

You can replace communist, trade unionists, and Jews with anything. Illegal immigrants, protesters, Muslims, delinquent tax payers, and so on. Point is, it always starts somewhere.

Last edited by DWB; 04-23-2012 at 06:10 AM..
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote