View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 PM  
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipmcd1 View Post
Sure we don't know everything, that's the fun part discovering new things. Religion to me holds back human advancement, example read about Baghdad 800-1100 AD. I feel Religious people in general will say "God did it" to everything and stay ignorant to basic facts, and I was one of those people. A funny example would be Bill O'Reilly claiming that God creates the tides, not the gravitational pull from the moon & sun. If Science could explain every law that makes the planet work would you still hold your strong belief?
Religion was never the topic of this thread. However, are you not aware that the Catholic Church created the institution of Universities of higher learning? Even the likes of Yale began as religious institutions. And we haven't discussed the hospitals founded by the Church, etc. That being the case, to say that religion hold back human advancement is incorrect.

By the way, I am NOT Catholic. Just stating fact.

As for scientific discovery:
Science is doing a great job of slowly revealing HOW God created the universe. Science and a belief in God do not conflict. A belief in God merely asserts that all of the laws and discoveries we've made were instituted by an intelligent First Cause.
Donny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote