View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM  
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
For the sake of this discussion, God = an intelligent First Cause. For context, here's Albert Einstein's thoughts again:

"I?m not an atheist, and I don?t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of those books but doesn?t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations.?

He renounced atheism because he never considered his denial of a personal God as a denial of God. He very much believed in a ?superior reasoning force,? a ?superior mind,? an ?illimitable superior spirit? and a ?mysterious force that moves the constellations.?

That's what we are referring to as "God" in this thread.
Look, don't start quoting genius. It makes you look a lot dumber than you are.
smutnut is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote