View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM  
AdultRev

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVTimes View Post
Thats the thing.

Also I suspect the payment is low, saqy $0.01 per advert click.

I do like the idea, but its getting it to work is hard.

Thing is, say its on a tube site, while people may click on the odd film, I am sure they will soon get fed up of adverts. I know on youtube I hate them. I mean I realy hate them on youtube.

And also I wonder what the result the banners/adverts will have? For instance what will make sure the person is over 18. And if they are the type just after free content, surly they will not want to buy anything. So while it may get the advert lots of hits or views, I am not sure it will be productive.

However I would be tempted to find some cheap host, find lots of content (dowenload it from a website, then post later how disgusted it is people do that), then make a few free sites and use this system to make a bit of cash just for the heck of it.
Thanks - you have a strong understanding of the field and space. I appreciate the open mindedness, that's the approach that has made a lot of content owners and webmasters a great deal of revenue over the years with content locking in general which a lot of others scoffed at when it was introduced. Now look at the likes of CPAlead who were Inc 500's 40th fastest growing company in the country.

We're mixing the offers pretty well and expanding our portfolio quickly. Our top priority is helping webmasters generate revenue, we're in it for the long haul. Our focus isn't on skimming a margin or trying to make a quick buck. Greater revenue for content owners means greater volume which means more offers etc that will give us success no problem.

The concept itself is a fair trade for web surfers since they're used to being bombarded with requests for their CC's or having the pages they run loaded with ads.

Think of this example as a user

Content Locker:

I'd rather complete an offer vs have to pay outright (So the Content Locker vs regular CC)

RedLight Path:

I'd rather view ads properly delivered, engaging the user and creating a much higher opportunity to convert through the RedLight Tool than have them splattered all over the page I'm using. If you let me see relevant ads and have me wait a few seconds, my attention is on them and if I get to move on to my content - ad free, I'd rather take in the ads for a few seconds and get it over with (maybe buy something) than have them slowing my system down, littered all over the page while I'm watching something. "Banner blindness" is a term that's used everywhere since its a reality - people are blind to banners - but display can work if the user is engaged properly and at the right time (not when they're staring @ content)

We also have the Exit Traffic Tool which I think everyone can run and should give a shot. It lets you take one last attempt at tabling some relevant offers to your users on the way out - which might otherwise be lost revenue.

Thanks again,
Peter
AdultRev is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote