View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:33 PM  
SilentKnight
Megan Fox's fluffer

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony286 View Post
I saw titanic the first time.the script was weak but it was enjoyable.he makes enjoyable movies not deep but entertaining.I also dont enjoy 3d to me it looks alittle sharper and gives me a headache.
I started getting a headache near the end, figuring it was the weight of the glasses over my own prescip glasses.

Yeah, the script was somewhat weak...and the love story sappy - but I read a review somewhere that pointed out how the romance ploy served as a way for Cameron to have the main characters move seamlessly from the first-class areas of the ship to steerage...to tell the whole story, rather than abruptly go from one aspect to another without a segue. It made sense from a storytelling standpoint I guess.

It was also shrewd marketing strategy - it hauled in revenues from hopeless romantic/lovestruck female teens.

At the risk of being a bit cerebral - one could also argue that Titanic serves as a poignant, modern-day allegory between the "haves" and the "have-nots" in society, the decline of the middle-class and the growing one-percenters.
SilentKnight is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote